Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pumpkin Curry Soup

I have had a difficult time thinking of a soup to share. I haven't made as many this winter as I have in years past due to the extreme difference in climate in which I now reside. I wrote down this recipe while browsing through weight watchers recipe books at a grocery store a couple years ago. It has good flavor and a little spicy kick to it. And it is a weight watchers recipe so it is kind of healthy. I usually didn't serve it with bread since I was using it as a lighter meal.

Pumkpin Curry Soup
Ingredients:
-3 cups chicken brother
-15 oz can of pumpkin puree
-2 tsp chili sauce with garlic (found in the Asian food section. I used the Hokan brand)
-1/2 tsp curry powder
-1 cup coconut milk
-1 TBSP lime juice
-chopped cilantro

Directions:
Mix broth, pumpkin, chili sauce, and curry powder in a pan. Bring to a boil.

Whisk in coconut milk and lime juice

Garnish with cilantro

Enjoy!

-Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment